Conference topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Multimodal discourses in DTVS.
- The function of dialogue and other forms of narrative in DTVS.
- Characterisation. Innovations and stereotyping through characters’ unique discourse.
- Identity politics based on race, ethnicity, religion, age, class, or species in DTVS.
- Gender and sexuality in DTVS. The use of DTVS as an innovative space for raising awareness about social inequality
- Sexual and gender-based politics. Denunciation of patriarchal discourses, feminist utopias and dystopias.
- Posthuman, transhuman, biotechnological and ecocritical discourses in DTVS: the overcoming of humanism and the blurring of the boundaries between the human, the technological and the animal.
- From Ageing to Disability Studies in DTVS: portrayals of old age, illness, disease, and the handicapped subject.
- Screen adaptations. Conventional vs. experimental structures and narrative plots in DTVS.
- Fandom-related discourses and industries.
- Professor: Gregori Signes, Carmen